Smoking Gun! Joe Biden’s Dept. of Energy Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Killer Storm

This is not a good way to run a gov.
Smoking Gun! Joe Biden’s Dept. of Energy Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Killer Storm (infowars.com)

4 Likes

Here’s a similar thread I started with some additional info.

1 Like

As much as I’ve tried to jump on the “Hate Everything Biden Does” bandwagon, Texas regulates their own power, no federal regulation… In other words, all of the poor power response in Texas is due to state regulators in Texas, not Biden or the feds… Don’t get me wrong, there are still plenty of Biden hating topics you can cover on here…

6 Likes

Exactly biden sucks but tejas is only to blame.

2 Likes

Correct, they do regulate their own grid and there were a number of failures in leadership. However TX requested emergency authorization to exceed federal emissions standards in order to increase output in preparation of the storm. TX was then handcuffed and forced to exhaust all other options before being allowed to increase output. By that time it was too late and the failures multiplied. I take it you didn’t read any of the links.

5 Likes

Ya, I don’t follow Alex… He use to be ok when he first started out, but greed took over and now he sounds like a loon…
Alex is completely wrong in this matter and is trying to keep the dem vs repub rhetoric going…
Here’s the truth…

The Department of Energy issued an emergency order allowing several Texas power plants to produce as much electricity as possible, a move expected to violate anti-pollution rules that comes amid a deepening electricity crisis in the state that has cut power to millions of homes.
The Energy Department order, requested by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, authorizes power plants throughout the state to run a maximum output levels, even as such a move is anticipated to result in a violation of limits of pollution.

The Energy Department issued a similar order to address blackouts in California last year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-15/pollution-limit-waived-for-texas-power-plants-in-emergency-order

You didn’t read the entire emergency order apparently. Around page 3 this is stated -

“Consistent with good utility practice, ERCOT shall exhaust all reasonably and practically available resources, including available imports, demand response, and identified behind-the-meter generation resources selected to minimize an increase in emissions, to the extent that such resources provide support to maintain grid reliability, prior to dispatching the Specified Resources”

As I mentioned before, they were forced to exhaust all other options first.

3 Likes

How does that tie in with the Biden’s dept of energy blocking them from increasing power ahead of the storm ?!.. That’s what the title and article of this post are speaking of…

1 Like

In order to increase power they needed to exceed emissions from various stations. They were not allowed to do that unless every other option failed. By that time it was too late. They made the request several days before the storm. Pretty simple correlation really.

3 Likes

This is from the document Alex claims to be the “Smoking Gun”…
Alex is a loon…

Department of Energy Order No. 202-21-1Page 2 of 4ERCOT has been alerted that numerous generation units will be unable to operate at fullcapacity without violating federal air quality or other permit limitations.ERCOT requests that the Secretary issue an order immediately, effective February14, 2021 through February 19, 2021, authorizing “the provision of additional energy fromall generation units subject to emissions or other permit limits” in the ERCOT region.The generating units (Specified Resources) that this Order pertains to are listed on theOrder 202-21-1 Resources List, as described below.Given the emergency nature of the expected load stress, the responsibility ofERCOT to ensure maximum reliability on its system, and the ability of ERCOT toidentify and dispatch generation necessary to meet the additional load, I have determinedthat additional dispatch of the Specified Resources is necessary to best meet theemergency and serve the public interest for purposes of FPA section 202©. Because theadditional generation may result in a conflict with environmental standards andrequirements, I am authorizing only the necessary additional generation, with reportingrequirements as described below.FPA section 202©(2) requires the Secretary of Energy to ensure that any 202©order that may result in a conflict with a requirement of any environmental law be limitedto the “hours necessary to meet the emergency and serve the public interest, and, to themaximum extent practicable,” be consistent with any applicable environmental law andminimize any adverse environmental impacts. ERCOT anticipates that this Order mayresult in exceedance of emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, mercury, and carbonmonoxide emissions, as well as wastewater release limits. To minimize adverseenvironmental impacts, this Order limits operation of dispatched units to the times andwithin the parameters determined by ERCOT for reliability purposes.Based on my determination of an emergency set forth above, I hereby order:A. From February 14, to February 19, 2021, in the event that ERCOT determines thatgeneration from the Specified Resources is necessary to meet the electricity demand thatERCOT anticipates in Texas during this event, I direct ERCOT to dispatch such unit orunits and to order their operation only as needed to maintain the reliability of the powergrid in the ERCOT region when the demand on the ERCOT system exceeds expectedenergy and reserve requirements. Specified Resources are those natural gas, coal, ordistillate fuel oil generating units set forth on the Order 202-21-1 Resource List, subjectto updates directed here and as described in paragraph D, which the Department shall post on www.energy.gov. ERCOT is directed to update Exhibit A to its Application withthe anticipated category of environmental impact (i.e. sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide,mercury, carbon monoxide emissions, wastewater release, other air pollutants) by 21:00Central Standard Time on February 15, 2021.B. To minimize adverse environmental impacts, this Order limits operation of dispatchedunits to the times and within the parameters determined by ERCOT for reliability purposes. Consistent with good utility practice, ERCOT shall exhaust all reasonably and

Department of Energy Order No. 202-21-1Page 3 of 4 practically available resources, including available imports, demand response, andidentified behind-the-meter generation resources selected to minimize an increase inemissions, to the extent that such resources provide support to maintain grid reliability, prior to dispatching the Specified Resources. ERCOT shall provide a daily notification tothe Department reporting each generating unit that has been designated to use theallowance and operated in reliance on the allowances contained in this Order.In furtherance of the foregoing and, in each case, subject to the exhaustion of all availableimports, demand response, and identified behind-the-meter generation resources selectedto minimize an increase in emissions available to support grid reliability:(i)

with respect to any Specified Resource that is an ERCOT GenerationResource or Settlement Only Generator whose operator notifies ERCOTthat the unit is unable, or expected to be unable, to produce at itsmaximum output due to an emission or effluent limit in any federalenvironmental permit, ERCOT shall ensure that such Specified Resourceis only allowed to exceed any such limit during a period for whichERCOT has declared an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) Level 2 or Level3. This incremental amount of restricted capacity would be offered at a price no lower than $1,500/MWh. Once ERCOT declares that such anEEA Level 2 or Level 3 event has ended, the unit is required toimmediately return to operation within its permitted limits; and(ii)

with respect to any Specified Resource that is an ERCOT GenerationResource whose operator notifies ERCOT that the unit is offline or wouldneed to go offline due to an emission or effluent limit in any federalenvironmental permit, and to which ERCOT has issued a Reliability UnitCommitment (RUC) instruction, the operator may make all of the unit’scapacity available to ERCOT for dispatch during a period for whichERCOT has declared an EEA Level 2 or Level 3. This incrementalamount of restricted capacity would be offered at a price no lower than$1,500/MWh. Once ERCOT declares that such an EEA Level 2 or Level 3event has ended, the unit is required to immediately return to operating ata level below the higher of its minimum operating level or the maximumoutput allowable under the permitted limit.In the event ERCOT identifies the need to exceed other relevant environmental permitting levels, ERCOT shall specifically identify such permitting levels and DOE willconsider ERCOT’s request in good faith.C. All entities must comply with environmental requirements to the maximum extentnecessary to operate consistent with the emergency conditions. This Order does not provide relief from an entity’s obligations to purchase allowances for emissions thatoccur during the emergency condition or to use other geographic or temporal flexibilitiesavailable to generators.

Department of Energy Order No. 202-21-1Page 4 of 4D. In the event that ERCOT identifies additional generation units that it deems necessaryto operate in excess of federal environmental permitting limits in order to maintain thereliability of the power grid in the ERCOT region when the demand on the ERCOTsystem exceeds expected energy and reserve requirements, including any such entity towhich ERCOT intends to issue a Reliability Unit Commitment (RUC), ERCOT shall provide prompt written notice to the Department of Energy at AskOE@hq.doe.govidentifying in an updated Exhibit A to its Application such additional generation units,the fuel type of such unit, and the anticipated category of environmental impact, at 9:00Central Standard Time or 21:00 Central Standard Time, whichever follows closest intime to the unit identification by ERCOT to the greatest extent feasible. Such additionalgeneration unit shall be deemed a Specified Resource for the purpose of this Order for thehours prior to the required written notice to the Department, and ERCOT may dispatchsuch additional generation units, provided that if the Department of Energy notifiesERCOT that its does not approve of such generation unit being designated as a SpecifiedResource, such generation unit shall not constitute a Specified Resource upon notificationfrom the Department. The Department shall post an updated Order 202-21-1 ResourceList as soon as practicable following notification from ERCOT under this paragraph.E. ERCOT shall provide such additional information regarding the environmentalimpacts of this Order and its compliance with the conditions of this Order, in each case asrequested by the Department of Energy from time to time. By March 1, 2021, ERCOTshall report all dates between February 14, 2021, and February 19, 2021, on which theSpecified Resources were operated, the hours of operation, and exceedance of permittinglimits, including sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, mercury, carbon monoxide, and other air pollutants, as well as exceedances of wastewater release limits. ERCOT shall submit afinal report by March 31, 2021, with any revisions to the information reported on March1, 2021. In addition, ERCOT shall provide information to the Department quantifyingthe net revenue associated with generation in excess of environmental limits accruing tonon-RUC units in connection with orders issued by the Department pursuant to Section202© of the Federal Power Act.F. This Order shall be effective upon its issuance, and shall expire at 11:59 p.m. CentralStandard Time Friday, February 19, 2021, with the exception of the reportingrequirements in paragraph E. Renewal of this Order, should it be needed, must berequested before this Order expires.Issued in Washington, D.C. at 8:51 PM Eastern Standard Time on this 14

th

day of February, 2021.

2 Likes

Allow me to ask the questions and you can decide on the answers… Where is FEMA and The National Guard??.. To offer life saving food, fresh water, gas and warm shelters for our citizens??.. That’s right, they are all too busy protecting Democrats in Washington, D.C… Didn’t the Biden Administration shut down a pipeline for Natural Gas??.. Place restrictions on coal and other fuel oils??.. In favor of these “New Green Deal Technologies” of solar and wind which were unreliable and ineffective during a Statewide crisis??.. What happened to our energy independence of the Trump Administration with Texas leading the way??.. Does the CCP have any interests in our Power Grid along with solar and wind??..

Below is what one woman has to say about what is happening in her State…

4 Likes

As I’ve stated before, I want to hate Biden just as much as I hated Trump, but even I didn’t blame Trump for every failure during his administration, just as I can’t blame Biden for the Texas mess…

FEBRUARY 14, 2021 • STATEMENTS AND RELEASES

Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. declared that an emergency exists in the State of Texas and ordered federal assistance to supplement state and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from a severe winter storm beginning on February 11, 2021, and continuing.

The President’s action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures, authorized under Title V of the Stafford Act, to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, and to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in all 254 Texas counties.

Specifically, FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency. Emergency protective measures for mass care and sheltering and direct federal assistance will be provided at 75 percent federal funding.

Robert J. Fenton, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Homeland Security, named Jerry S. Thomas as the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected areas.

You’re still failing to read this part -

“Consistent with good utility practice, ERCOT shall exhaust all reasonably and practically available resources, including available imports, demand response, and identified behind-the-meter generation resources selected to minimize an increase in emissions, to the extent that such resources provide support to maintain grid reliability, prior to dispatching the Specified Resources”

This statement in bold supersedes the rest of the order. They CAN NOT simply increase output until days worth of other options have been attempted.

2 Likes

Maybe FEMA was operating somewhere. If so I didn’t see them nor do I know anyone who did. Only available refuge in my area were churches and a few community centers.

3 Likes

Actually, the fed is giving ERCOT everything they had asked for… The feds did not limit their ability to exceed emission standards… If anything, the FED gave ERCOT the go ahead to ripoff Texas residents with higher energy costs under the guise of using energy resources from other sources…
I posted the actual document from Alex’s website…

1 Like

I’m not doubting things in Texas are not bad and that the people in that state are not suffering… I really do hate that the residents are the one’s made to suffer for something they can not control…
Trying to blame Biden or a purported Biden federal energy regulation as the reason for that failure is taking a huge “Leap” of the facts being presented…
Can we just agree that this mess falls on both repub and dem politician’s in charge of Texas ?!..

I blame biden for warts on my hemroids
it is his fault

ya’ll dont listen too good ( damm yankees) Texxxas askedded and biden noped them out.

the entirety of the premise that biden personally put a :chicken: :ring: on electrical power, means hes married to his :chicken: choking

1 Like

yep I’m not surprised one bit its what these commies have planned for everyone, to skint them out with green stinginess cos muh ‘climate change’ meanwhile the bourgeois sit back in comfort using all the fossil fuels they want flying around in their private jets…

2 Likes

I never said this is only Biden’s fault. I expressed clearly in the link that there were numerous failures in leadership here in TX. ERCOT, energy companies, nuclear plants…heads need to roll. What pisses me off is instead of legitimate worthwhile assistance being offered, the Emergency Order just insured that a large scale failure would happen.

1 Like

Is this the title of your post ?!..
“Biden fingerprints on TX storm disaster”
Is this your post that accompanies that title?!..

SittingBull

2d

Documents revealed that the Biden administration denied TX authorization to ramp up energy output due to it exceeding emission standards. Instead TX was forced to buy energy at a 6000% increase from other grids to stay within “green” compliance and the emergency order by Biden.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/smoking-gun-joe-bidens-dept-of-energy-blocked-texas-from-increasing-power-ahead-of-enduring-storm/

Personally, I have a hard time listening to Alex and his banty rooster ego. However his group produces articles and information that is hard to find anywhere else.

Once again, you’re not blaming Biden ?!..