Something I have always wanted to understand

Why did God forsaken Christ on the cross?

And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, “Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?” which means, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me ?

Prophecy. Psalm 22, 11th century BCE, the words of David.

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
… I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
…18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

But was He actually forsaken? Only to those who deny the Bible’s totality.

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption

We learn in the book of Hebrews of a convo between the Godhead:

For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said,

Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
but a body have you prepared for me;
6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings
you have taken no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

8 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And I would also point out, how could God have forsaken Jesus on the Cross, when Jesus willingly went to the Cross:

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Isaiah 53, 8th century BCE
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The Cross of Christ! The plan of the Father to enshrine both mercy and justice for all of eternity. Hallelujah!

6 Likes

hi didnt they killed thousands of fals profit on that day , its all there in black and white romans wrote everything down .

1 Like

Amen Brotha

That Was Luvly

1 Like

I am sure Mel Gibson will explain all in the Passion pt.2…
And I don’t believe God had forsaken christ, he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven a few days later.

3 Likes

For me; that was the point where Jesus was about to die. He was at his weakest and for a brief moment he found himself disconnected from God – no longer able to feel Gods presence as his mortal life ended and he transitioned into the spirit.

It was during this moment that his mortal fears could have overwhelmed him and he cried out in dismay.

Moments later (if not seconds) he resounded triumphantly, “It Is Acomplished” as he was reconnected.

I dont think he was ever forsaken – he maybe just felt he was in this last moment.

… my two cents at least :grin:

4 Likes

Why do some many atheist say “God dammit” or “Jesus Christ!” when something bad happens to them almost instinctively? They claim its ironic or just an old phrase… but why not just try and say something else?

1 Like

To answer your question more directly:

2 Likes

Well, that’s like saying “why do atheists use the calendar”? Because it’s there. That’s what everyone uses.

1 Like

I would say that not only do they use God as a curse word and break one of the 10 commandments, they are mocking God and Christians altogether by saying this.

2 Likes

What if the Calendar was based around Christian holidays? If you are claiming its out of convenience, then why do they bother preaching at people who are religious, that sounds like something very inconvenient…

Thanks for the on topic reply.

But in reality His words point to something far different. They point to the fact that when Jesus died on the cross, all our sins—without exception—were transferred to Him. He was without sin, for He was God in human flesh. But as He died all our sins were placed on Him, and He became the final and complete sacrifice for our sins. And in that moment He was banished from the presence of God, for sin cannot exist in God’s presence. His cry speaks of this truth; He endured the separation from God that you and I deserve.

Above is from your link and it agrees.
God did forsaken JC.

I reckon god is a total cnt,I don’t think he cares about pain or suffering,Something brought this whole universe into existence,maybe…but it certainly wasn’t anything kind.to be fair,this universe seems pretty fair/not fair.brilliant!/fucking awful.
Random 50%shiat if you ask me.

1 Like

Jesus was being the sacrifice for all sin from mother teresa to stalin may and manson.
It was God afflicting him not the cross.
God was acting as the judge Dread , judge jury and exicutioner

Some of that reason was to save humanity
Some of that reason was to show Satan that he is wrong about humanity and the Adawn .

You hear it in the mouth of every satanist and Athiest, humanity has no value unless they are their own gods

2 Likes

or maybe it was programmed into people through the tv screen.
most of what we see on tv has something to do with a particular religion which is against the idea of jesus christ.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. The year is 2020AD. To answer your second question, there are many atheists. Most don’t preach. Some don’t use goddammit. Some don’t say Jesus Christ. Most don’t care either way or the other.

1 Like

The word God has three words and six permutations. The number three is significant because it represents the holy trinity of divine design. But the true significance is its power over the mind (three-letter slogans leave a psychological imprint). Thus, God was seen as a divine, omnipotent by the Hebrews.

The number seven is also important to understand the ancients’ understanding of ‘divine numbers’: the letter G is the 7th letter of the alphabet: 7th day of creation signified completion and rest; 7 great landmasses form the complete earth; 7 great bodies of water form a complete ocean; 7 colors make a perfect spectrum etc.

I am not a religious guy - as you know - but the numerical symbology in the bible fascinates me.

6 Likes

The passage of Jesus on the cross was about how Christ suffered ALL of the punishment for our sins.

The ultimate final punishment for the unrepentant is God turning his back on you if somone truely refuses to repent.

2 Likes

The answer to your question can be found here: https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-187-crucifixion?term="187%3A5.2%20(2010.3)"#U187_5_2

2 Likes