The Bedrock Legs of the Sphinx: Did it Once Have ‘Human’ Hands?

Well did it? :rofl:…there certainly seems to be a lot of additional masonry added over several renovation efforts…

Some really cool old images to peruse, and enough to suffer this angle is worth looking into…we’re there hands originally on the Sphinx?..

The enigma wrapped in a riddle continues…

Cheers guys :beers:

3 Likes

I feel like the posts that made DTV what it was need to rise above the fear mongering scapegoating unnecessary malarkey that floods this site in the daily.

Thanks Skippy!

4 Likes

All this time I thought it did have human hands on the statue. Did not their pagan gods appear a hybrid human/animal?

3 Likes

Yeah I totally hear ya lol…I thought this would have all died down in November, goes to show what I know, 3/5 of fa :rofl:

Cheers :beers:

Please don’t tell me your asking ME a religious question :rofl:…there was certainly some hybrid mash ups though…the over head shot almost makes them look like feet…especially when compared to the feet at Sigiriya Fortress in Sri Lanka…

It’s been suggested that the hole in the head may have been some sort of housing for something long since gone…its hard to know anything for certain though mate :beers:

I think its really simple. You guys left the cage open and SheElf got out and headed to Egypt. The statue reminded her of a “mamzer”. I am not sure what that is but it makes her real mad when she hears it…The rest is just typical Oz vandalism :rofl:

1 Like

Lol, she does have the tassie devil in her that one…all these caves with scratch marks are probably failed attempts at keep her contained, geez maybe even all the over engineered walls were to keep her out…mate I think you’ve solved the puzzle…it’s all SheElf s fault :rofl:…now…I just need a new hobby with all ancients history’s mysteries solved :rofl: :beers:

1 Like

Indeed ,half lion half human…with,arms and hands including a tail.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ok Xico, any ideas on what may have been held in the hands mate?..there’s so much more to this place than triangle coffins and a cat with two left looking feet :beers:

1 Like

Oh man, I’m so out of my depth on the religious stuff…nothing against it at all, I just know next to nothing about it :beers:

More so provided for a mentioning of the sphinx, if only for a moment.

For human / beast hybridization present in various cultures stone work.

1 Like

The Sun…

1 Like

Sweet as mate…cheers :beers:

1 Like

So something along these lines? :beers:

1 Like

I’m guessing that this particular sphinx was not holding anything in its hands, if it had any. They look like they would be resting empty palms down on the ground. As for the blue statue in the video, maybe the pots held unguents or scented oils…

1 Like

That’s sounds fair enough too mate…I’m thinking these renovations are the reasons the paws seem to stretch so far out in front :beers:

They have cover it up,

1 Like

I guess we should be grateful it’s not under a tarp or worse Zahi put his mug on it :rofl: :beers:

2 Likes

Zahi… puppetplayer for those who ruined (lie)History.

2 Likes