The Old Wild West in Photos

4 Likes

I love old photos like this/

Wish I could take a vacation for a week to go back in time to the old west and experience it.

1 Like

@LetsgetHigh

Take sleepy joe with you and leave him there.

1 Like

You guys should read empire of the summer moon. Great book. All about the west and the Comanche tribe.

I was a bit unkempt back then

1 Like

Interesting pics thanks

My maternal grandmother was born in Langtry . She was a Lowery. If you remember the Lowery gang rode with John Wesley Hardin the outlaw. They were friends. Hardin was her great uncle I believe and actually my grandmother said I resemble him. She never met him because he was already dead when she was born but she had family pictures of him that are passed down.

1 Like

I find this really interesting, its from 1900 and as a former roofer i went straight to the roof.
Is that metal (galvanised iron) capping on the hip and ridge…?
And is that a lead collar on that penetration…?
Also, my GR GR GR grandfather built the worlds first compressor used in modern day refrigeration, James Harrison was the inventor and my gr gr gr grandfather built it at his Iron foundry here in Geelong.
There is a sign that says “Ice Beer”, does that mean ice cold beer,…?, or that they sell ice and beer.
Either way, what method did they use way out there to either manufacture ice and keep it frozen or how did they keep beer icy cold…?
Thanx for the pics…■■■…3R

1 Like

Lol LetsgetHigh could never get that High to do something brainless as that, and that goes for the rest of dtv viewers.

Good catch!

1 Like