They own you

George Carlin told us all what is.
Never has his words been more reflective of society then they are today.

Explains why we are where we are.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi @Noentry
Seeing as you seem to be talking to yourself, with valid conversation i must add. Agree with where your aim is with this thread, thought a little more poetry may be worth consideration:

Lo! ’t is a gala night
Within the lonesome latter years!
An angel throng, bewinged, bedight
In veils, and drowned in tears,
Sit in a theatre, to see
A play of hopes and fears,
While the orchestra breathes fitfully
The music of the spheres.

Mimes, in the form of God on high,
Mutter and mumble low,
And hither and thither fly—
Mere puppets they, who come and go
At bidding of vast formless things
That shift the scenery to and fro,
Flapping from out their Condor wings
Invisible Wo!

That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

But see, amid the mimic rout,
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!
It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And, over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, “Man,”
And its hero, the Conqueror Worm.

E A Poe

1 Like

Just a quick pointer when you reply to me I get notified no need for you to add the @noentry to it.
:+1:

Sometimes it seems to be easier reading the thread when the response is to a particular poster, rather than in response to OP.
Although in this case, with this thread i get your point.

1 Like

The option to directly reply to any reply by hitting the reply tab at the bottom of the reply. Not the Reply at the bottom of the page

The arrow above next to the pic of the person you are replying to will open up the post you are directly replying to.

That of course relies on ones left/right brain bias and what one focuses on.
And of course how many others have posted replies to OP or the specific poster replied to.
Interesting graphic representation of discrimination.
Btw : back to the topic… Chaplin is one of my heroes, and shares a birthday with self.

Sorry not sure what you are refering too?

Jordan Peterson gives his thoughts on the current status of politics in the United States (Democrat vs Republican). With the 2020 USA Election… Trump vs Biden, there are many people feeling like our values and personal opinions are being put to the test. Discover some hidden truths and secrets that you may not know otherwise!

2 Likes

Great presentation by a anti-depressant recoverer. A plea from the heart. Which reinforces left/right brain discrimination mentioned earlier. The trick is to discover why it’s become so polarised and then resolve the issues with respect with regards to the other. (peacefully)
You do surprise me :no_entry:! (no entry)
For being such a wind-up troll on other threads you really have some insightful intelligence (trust that’s not patronising or condescending) !
Keep up the good work.

1 Like

The right side of the brain collects information from the senses similar to a collage, the left side puts them in order and forms thought.

Would a right sided persona be more empathic and more susceptible to depression?
Would that also mean they could be more likely to be polarised?

To new people I am a canvas, the replies members get from me are a result of the picture they paint.

If I am critical and dismissive of particular members it will be a reflection ad a reaction of that member.

I prefer to be respectful, if one has no self respect they will receive non from me.

1 Like

Fair enough… Something to do with empathy vs differentiation.
After all it’s a fight club (and we’re in it) !
Sometimes tho’ diplomacy can work wonders.

1 Like

Only when dealing with an open mind, diplomacy does not open a closed mind.

I have been here for a very long time, I have seen the many different formats from the very start. I have seen the many different personalities and clicks come and go.

I can confirm from experiance you most definatly cannot make a horse drink from the trough.

1 Like

That reminds me of something my mother used to say… You can lead a horse to water, yet you can’t make it think.

1 Like

Your mother was or is a wise woman.

1 Like

Most mothers are. Trust in that.

1 Like

Most but not all pal.
Some are only mothers in name.

However it sounds like yours was a scholar and an empath.

It’s hereditary pal… some of us make it through.

And some do not falling into the us and them paradox of depresion.