Uluru in the rain: The heart of the nation gets 'a rare dousing'

This is cool, and might be a first for some people here…Uluru or Ayres rock by her other name is synonymous with our outback…a vast expanse of red dirt, our red centre…

Have a look at her all wet, 30mm of rain fell and the cascading water is quite a spectacle…

I can still remember sitting down watching the Leyland Brothers TV show with grandma…

Cheers guys :beers:

16 Likes

Lovely…Thank You

1 Like

Cheers Brend…not a super common occurrence…but as far as rocks go, she’s special :beers:

Iya @Skippychippy, Ayers Rock, always fascinates me it looks gorgeous seeing waterfalls coming off it like that. Ive always wondered if it could be the meteor which supposedly killed off the dinos. The land around it is so flat and different aswell, even the giant roundish holes in the rock remind me of a meteor ,just climate and actual weather over millions of years have taken the crust off it, the colour off it wet looks more like a meteor. My brains workin overtime again…:grin:

2 Likes

Oh Yes…Deffo

1 Like

Hey matey…@Binah is someone who could elaborate on this…I had links and images saved on the rock as I find it super interesting, but I’ve lost them…from the rock itself to the mystical side of it…I can’t remember the exact details of the top of my head but under the ground is as interesting as what’s above :beers:

I’d love to be able to climb it to check out the view, but with everything, a small group of peanuts have ruined it for everyone… :beers:

Sigh…Ikr??

Travel all over the country side.
Awesome sight!
https://youtu.be/W7Si7DwnIjs :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yeh, i heard about that, tourists, just like stone henge over here, nobody can get close to that anymore either, still wouldnt mind going there though. Maybe if i can get help for this agraphobia i,ll go one day.

1 Like

Yep your correct on stone henge but you can look at it from a distance and buy postcards from the gift shop!!
Wood henge in Amsbury is a place you can visit without having to pay, for now…
I to would love to go see Uluru, one day maby.

1 Like

Shrink it down a bit and we get a rough idea what the sphynx enclosure may have looked like in the rain.

1 Like

That be so cool to be there and see this unfold while I smoke

1 Like

Correct me if i am wrong, which i most likely am,
Is it NOT native to the surrounding land?

Great vid btw :+1:t2::grinning:

1 Like

I have but one image of what is thought to be the cross section.
ayers

Uluru, or Ayers Rock, is a massive sandstone monolith in the heart of the Northern Territory’s arid “Red Centre”. The nearest large town is Alice Springs, 450km away. Uluru is sacred to indigenous Australians and is thought to have started forming around 550 million years ago. It’s within Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, which also includes the 36 red-rock domes of the Kata Tjuta (colloquially “The Olgas”) formation.

2 Likes

Pmsl, wtf was he thinking…there’s always that one guy :rofl: :beers:

Only watched a show the discovery channel on the henges on the weekend…is there anything to the one they might have found in Scotland underwater?

My mates little sister worked out near the rock for awhile, said it’s a bucket list must, I haven’t been myself, but it’s on the list for sure :beers:

1 Like

I’m still yet to get out there and see it. One day I will. Who could forget the Leyland bro’s🤣
Thanks Skip

1 Like

It’s earmarked for me too mate…you can’t mention the Leyland Bro’s and leave out the one and only Alby Mengals :laughing: :beers:

1 Like