Unexplained Lights

My son-in-law’s mother was taking pictures of mars and this and 9 other pictures showed weird anomalies at least to me. Any ideas???

2 Likes

Where were these taken?

This is what is called a Lens flare. Thanks for sharing👍

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare#:~:text=Lens%20flare%20refers%20to%20a,undesirable%20artifact%20within%20the%20image.

1 Like

I ask because I had a recent conversation with someone about something very simular. Trying to take photos of mars with full moon and blue orbs appear. The orbs appeared visible to the eye but couldn’t get them on the camera. I put it down to recent earthquake activity.

1 Like

Definitely 100% Lens flare[quote=“James_Carlisle, post:1, topic:3821, full:true”]
My son-in-law’s mother was taking pictures of mars and this and 9 other pictures showed weird anomalies at least to me. Any ideas???

[/quote]

Well these blue orbs were not visible by eye. She saw all this when she was looking at the pictures.

I took some photos of the moon few nights ago and got blue spots like those. They are lens flares.

It’s crazy but alas it is lens flare…keep searching the skies !!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.