Unique Ancient Quarry in El Medol

Here’s another maybe lesser known Ancient Quarry in El Medol, Iberia…
Ancient traces of stone processing can be found here…compared to other quarries it’s not big in size…BUT, when compared to quarries attributed to the Phoenicians and the bigger quarry near modern day Tokyo, Japan…the stone processing similarities are evident…

Was there a method, while perhaps basic by today’s standards used to speed up the process in ancient times?..

Was this method the precursor to polygonal construction, was the polygonal an advancement on the quarry method as different technologies arose?..

Cheers guys :beers:

7 Likes

Dag, I need the star trek universal translator…wtf he say?

2 Likes

He basically just said Skippy is the man for sharing my work and he probably pulls more birds than an experienced hunting dog…and something about rocks :rofl: :beers:

3 Likes

This is incredible Skippy. That diagram showing the machine for cutting stone could be key to explaing a lot of mysteries surrounding ancient stonemasonry. Personally, I’m not totally convinced that this machine explains the construction method of the rounder, polygonal/cyclopean masonry but certainly it gives an idea of how some off the large flat surfaces were possibly worked. Great find! I hope you are well :+1:

1 Like

Pretty cool huh…even if it is rather primitive in a way, it means they had the idea of machinery and the mindset of speeding up the process…

I agree that it’s application is limited when looking at that bulgy style, but man oh man I’m clueless on how they shaped that stone…there are videos on YouTube showing rock can be melted magnifying the sun…was it sound etc?, geopolymer?( this tough imho would make quarrying redundant)…the megalithic stuff in Japan and the beveled edge stuff though could certainly have benefitted from this machine type…

All good this end brother, hope alls well your end too :beers:

1 Like

Luv it Ultra Coolio :heartbeat:

1 Like

I enjoy these little known out of the way finds…they all add to the bigger picture :beers:

All Connected

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl:
Man your comment’s better than the article on this one

1 Like

Archimedes is a great subject for such,
Though many of his accomplishments were buried by his enemies as some of his inventions resulted in a disproportionate kill/death ratio.

archimedes palimpsest is a great rediscovery, and displays the advancements that were present in what is typically believed to be more underdeveloped times.

The Antikythera mechanism, again lends to this reality.

1 Like

Like this one…

1 Like

wow Skips, how the devil did they do it?? and how long ago … pheewee … :beers:

1 Like

I like the waterwheel/locomotion type saw design, any reference as to it’s source? I would also be interested in knowing more about the type of stone quarried. Many stones are easily workable by hand, if not massively time-consuming.

1 Like

Yeah there the ones :+1:…there’s forts in Scotland off the top of my head that are totally vitrified and again from memory they used some liquid to burn the stones :beers:

That’s how I lean, more dots so maybe that stretch isn’t so big :beers:

1 Like

Taking the piss is what I do :rofl:…like my Chinese neighbour says…you just gotta rive, rove and raugh coz life’s to short otherwise :beers:

1 Like
2 Likes

Cheers for Avenue to read into mate…I’m of the opinion that a lot of stuff that would support the theory they had more at their disposal than credited with…as you mention, so much has no doubt been erased for whatever reason…what’s left behind suggests as much for me anyway :beers:

Id direct you to my website to buy my books if I knew bro :rofl:…my guess is only as good as the next…I ask my self what did they have at there disposal? how cold they make that work for them…solar?, water?..what was their Chemistry knowledge level at?..

I’m guessing they didn’t hit perfection of the bat, they surely had a learning curve like us with houses and buildings etc :beers:

1 Like