Why are there so many ships 'floating in the sky' around Britain?

Ship

Boats appear to be sailing in mid-air thanks to bizarre optical illusion

Full story https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9332859/Why-s

4 Likes

Flat Earth ! Flat Earth ! We’re Doomed I say Doomed !

4 Likes

Do not take my word on this, but my conclusion to this has to be as we are going through “la nina” uk is experiencing a drought whilst other parts are having rain of flash floods. So what you are seeing is only just a mirage.

1 Like

Except for mirage you need high temperatures, not 5 degrees of air temperature and 10 degrees of sea temperature

2 Likes

Da weed is good there

5 Likes

There been blown out the water by all the ridiculous offshore wind farms we have :rofl:

Drought ?? Where in the UK are you ? It’s only just quit pissing down with rain, my dog hasn’t found it necassary to drink out of the toilet in weeks.

Only drought I see a complete lack of people sniffing, snorting and coughing from colds and flu.

1 Like

Thanks for the topic I learned something new today

1 Like

Just an optical illusion.

The sky is blue because of the ocean color.

The water horizon line is actually up by the bottom of the boat. Its faint but even in this poor quality photo you can see it.

The section of water just below is reflecting the the sky color and Bending light.

Live near the ocean and you’ll see this all the time.

You can see other areas of the water reflect the exact same color.

1 Like

From the link in the op
“The phenomenon, known as Fata Morgana, creates a mirage when the sun heats up the atmosphere above the land or the sea, which creates a gradient of temperatures.”

1 Like

That would be correct.

We’re
Only Doomed
if We live on a
Round Ball of Water.

Ripper

1 Like

Exactly…I lived on Maui for about 10 years… I’ve seen this very illusion once before…
A Matson Navigation barge…
You can see the lighter colored water better if you see it for yourself…barely…

1 Like

Bit off topic but i had a bizarre experience on the cliffs of a beach once,
i was young and i smoked a j and walked up the sand dunes and when i first saw the beach i thought it was a huge tidal wave coming at me and started to run away as fast as i could it was an optical illusion lol, boy did i feel like a fool hahahaha.

2 Likes

I blame it on Brexit.
Slowly Britain is leaving earth. :sunglasses::grin:

2 Likes

Hell ya it is! Party on the levitating boats!

1 Like

maybe it was some visual communication from some alien watcher! Warning you to not go too close to the edge, showing you perhaps what would one day happen in that exact spot (or has in the past). Either way, pretty neat. I drove home once on hwy 1 in california during crazy fog and i felt my mind melt into the silent hill reality. I swear, i could see creatures in the mist and everything. Wish I was smoking for that one. Would have calmed my nerves.

1 Like

Dude you’re comment made me have to actually sign in and tell you… You are Internet Winner for March 2021.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.