Your Privacy is important to us
We, the Service, seriously respect your privacy rights and value the trust you put in us by visiting our website or using our services. Therefore, the protection and confidentiality of your data are of utmost importance to us.
You can look up this information on our website anytime. If you have any questions or concerns about data protection, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by email at this address: support [at] disclose.tv
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
Processing is any operation or set of operations that are performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Restriction of Processing
Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular, to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or another body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
The processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or another body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
The recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
The third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor, and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Information collection and use
What information does the Service collect about me?
When you interact with our Service and/or Site, we collect information that alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”), the data subject. Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Service, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your username, email address, user profile images, links to social media accounts, and other information provided in the user settings preferences. If you log into the Service with a social networking credential, such as with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, email address, and profile image. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing our access to that account in your user settings.
Automatically collected information
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with the Service and your use of the Service are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type, and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the Service you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site. In addition, we may use the data to combat abuse and fraud, and your IP address may be retained permanently if you are engaged in activities that breach our terms and conditions (spamming, DDoS attacks against our infrastructure, brute force attacks, etc).
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using the Service.
Other information we collect
We collect this information as you use the Service and/or Site:
- User Content: This consists of all text, documents, images, videos, or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Service.
Our Service contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our enterprise, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts the controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored.
If you use our contact form, we will collect your name, email address, IP address (for spam protection only), and additional company information. We use this information to contact you about your request and to follow up with you about the request.
How does the Service use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our Service to you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- to help us administer our Service and Site, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, usability, and protection of our Service and/or Site.
- to communicate with you about your use of our Service and/or Site, product announcements, and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- to send you direct marketing emails, content newsletters, and special offers about our Service, from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- to display User Content publically associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Service.
- to calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Service and/or Site, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Does the Service review User Content?
As a rule, the Service human moderators do monitor user content submitted to our Service, and if we believe our Terms of Service or Community Guidelines have been violated we act and delete any such content submitted by users without any prior notification or warning.
We also forward user-generated content submitted to the Service to third-parties providers in order to automatically analyze the nature of the content and to protect the Service from malicious use, such as spamming, hate-speech, illegal use of copyrighted content, and to advise our human moderators.
Finally, your information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Service and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Information access and disclosure
Does the Service share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data and User Content to third parties when:
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, user-to-user chat/messaging services, customer support services, protection, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data and User Content pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data and User Content.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, to enforce these Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Service and/or Site.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data and User Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Service and users of our Service and/or Site, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data and User Data publicly and to third parties – for example, in public reports about word usage, to partners under an agreement with us, or as part of progress reports, we may provide to users.
The Service does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you without your prior consent.
Does the Service sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, the Service does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps, embedded content, and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Service and/or Site, such as YouTube videos, Facebook “Like” buttons or other so-called embedded content (“widgets”) may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will the Service send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, weekly and daily content newsletters, software updates, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within the Service’s emails and changing your contact preferences. All registered users will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Service, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
For EEA users: We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent. Please see the section “For EEA users” below.
Does the Service ever make any of my Personal Data or User Content public?
Besides the Personal Data you voluntary provided to the Service to be publically displayed on your user profile and the User Content you voluntary submitted the Service and the circumstances described in the “Does the Service share my Information?” section of the Policy, we do not share your information with the public.
Does the Service collect information from children?
The Service does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we determine we have collected personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service and/or Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Service and/or Site without their permission.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to the Service will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States and/or the Europen Union. When you use the Software on your computing device, the User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States and/or the Europen Union.
How secure is my Information?
The Service is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Service.
If the Service learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
The Service uses appropriate technical and organizational measures for your rights and freedoms, taking into account the nature, scope, circumstances, and purposes of the processing as well as the different probability of occurrence and severity of the risks, in order to be able to ensure that the data processing takes place in accordance with the statutory provisions.
How can I delete my Personal Data from the Service?
You can remove your Personal Data from the Service at any time by logging into your account, accessing the Settings page, and then deleting your account. The User Content you submitted to the Service, such as posts, videos, and comments, will still be available to the public and stored on our servers though but will be transferred to an anonymous account.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from the Service at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention, and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if the Service closes my account?
If the Service closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines, then you may contact the Service to request deletion of your data. The Service will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
For EEA users
The Service uses, processes, and stores Personal Data and User Content, including those listed in the “What Information does the Service collect about me?” section, as necessary to perform our agreement with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the Service. We rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, the Service may process Personal Data pursuant to a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights with respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete Personal Data we process through your use of the Service and/or Site. If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
- Request a Personal Data report by submitting a support ticket. This report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. You must be signed in to your user account to submit this request. Please note that the Service may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information.
- Have your Personal Data corrected or deleted? Some Personal Data can be updated by you: You can update your name and email address, user profile images, as well as language preference and other settings, through your user account settings. If you registered for the Service using Facebook, Twitter, or Google, or if you otherwise have problems updating this information, please submit a support ticket. You can remove your Personal Data from the Service by deleting your account.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within the Services emails and changing your contact preferences. Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Service, even if you unsubscribe from marketing or newsletter emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
If you have other questions or do not have a user account, contact us on the About us page by submitting a support ticket.
As the Service evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Service and Site, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes.
Please note that your continued use of the Service after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your user account.
Name and Address of the Controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Futurebytes GmbH & Co. KG
94036 Passau / Germany
Domicile and Registered Office: AG Passau HRA 12152, Germany
Managing Director: U.M. Braun
General Partner: Futurebytes administrative limited liability company (GmbH)
Registered Office of the General Partner: AG Passau HRB 7639
Germany Purchase Tax Identification Number: DE266081261
Email: support [at] disclose.tv
Phone +49 (0)851/9 88 38-28
The legal regulations for data protection can be found in particular in the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). From 25 May 2018, however, the Basic Data Protection Ordinance (DSGVO) will take precedence. Insofar as you have given your express consent to the processing of your data, this is also the legal basis for data processing for the purposes to which you have consented (Art. 6 para. 1 letter a DSGVO).
Insofar as the processing is necessary for the performance or initiation of a contract, this constitutes a legal basis (Art. 6 para. 1 letter b DSGVO). These are usage contracts concluded between you and the operator or initiated upon your request. Furthermore, the legal basis for data processing is the protection of the legitimate interests of the operator (Art. 6 para. letter f DSGVO).
This is the economic interest in the operation of the platform, in particular in the delivery of the target group- and interest-oriented advertising. There is no automated decision making including profiling within the meaning of Art. 22 DSGVO. In particular, the assignment to advertising features has no legal effect on you or significantly impairs it in a similar manner.